Thought you might want to see how I look these days.  I am very happy with the reconstruction so far.  It feels weird but is going to look good eventually.  I am very confident with my shape, now and going forward.  Today I visit the plastic surgeon for a little “more” but this is me at Step One:

Share →

12 Responses to Nine days post Surgery

1. Pam says:

Lookin awesome Sarah!

2. Dave Currie says:

Looking good, Sarah :)

3. Fred says:

WOW! you look fantastic, Strong Girl….don’t think I’ve ever seen ANYONE recover as fast as you have! Amazing. Awesome. Unbelievable. Inspiring. YUP. ALL OF THOSE!!!!! So happy for you!
    (((HUGS))) -F.

4. Taeko from Tokyo says:

Can not believe my eyes!! You look wonderful!! You are strong and beautiful!!

5. Beth says:

You look fantastic! Absolutely beautiful.

6. Kathleen Webb Young says:

you look fabulous Dahling!

7. Laurie Wilson says:

Hey there….looking good :) !!!!! I was sooo glad to see you / visit with you yesterday. It truly made my day to see how well you are doing. Take care~

xoxo,

Laurie

8. Patsy Jones says:

Sarah, you look great!!!! You certainly don’t look like you have been through a major surgery!!

9. Laura says:

You look wonderful!

10. jenn says:

Looking great Sarah!!! (((Hugs)))

11. Sarah says:

Thank you for the kind comments. I really didn’t mean to be fishing for compliments!! I know that if it were me “watching” someone else go through this, I would be curious how things worked out, and how the person looked. I was so fortunate to be able to have reconstruction start at the same time as the mastectomy. I know many women are unable to do so, or choose to do so in order to have one less thing to deal with during their other cancer treatments. Having the reconstruction start then was a blessing to me. I’m a scientist at heart, and learning about the tissue expanders and how they work has been a good diversion in the surgery aftermath. Watching them change me over the next several months will be quite interesting!! I’ll be posting pictures often, when it seems right. It’s for info and education for us all. Perhaps you will be able to take the knowledge and encourage someone else who may someday go through this. Thank you for being here, reading my story and praying for me. That’s PLENTY. No compliments needed. :-)